medphysdave
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: M2 CS | 85 of 592

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karmic Man View Post
Damn, haven't been here for a week and this

The 718 GT4 and CS weren't timed on the same day and by different drivers so I would take the ranking with a grain of salt.

Between the 2, personally I would recommend track rats to take the CS (C is even better for bang for the buck and leave the change for mods) as there are easily more things one can do to it to go faster without breaking the bank. Consumables are much cheaper as well.
Just watched the video for the first time on my TV. My impression is that there is a lot of headroom if one starts with a CS to make improvements, but folks would be better suited to start with the C if tracking more than DD. The CS clearly needs more front spring rate, however it's done with the adaptive suspension. But, this would likely compromise comfort.

Tracking more than DD

Buy a C 55k, lightweight wheels 7k, aero front/rear 4k, AP racing brakes 9k, front seats 2k. suspension 5k. 82k +12k carbon roof and hood 94k, no roll cage

Buy CS if DD more than tracking. Softer suspension, nicer interior, carbon bits to impress your friends, capable out of the box with no additions, 85k. + 16k for AP racing, new seats, suspension, 102k, no roll cage

CS racing 95k no use in street

In my opinion you can mod both to about the same point for similar price.

Does anyone really run their cars at 9/10 with no roll cage? As I became faster in HPDE events my mortality started becoming more of a concern. In stock form the C is already in territory that I'd want a cage if going full tilt at the limit of the cars capability. Sure the magazines do it, but with professional driver's very familiar with the tracks.

* My cost numbers above are my perceived estimates with parts and labor. Actual cost could be significantly higher or lower.
Appreciate 1
Karmic Man1996.00