adc
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 F80 M3 ED

Quote:
Originally Posted by SYT_Shadow View Post
Glad to help

I don't understand why someone likes car X but spends time in the forum of car Y complaining about car Y. Rennlist is waiting for them with open arms!
Get your 4 cylinder 100k crap and go to Rennlist! It seems so simple

The best part is when you do actual racing at AER and every single one of the HPDE Porsche fanboys shows up in an M3... shouldn't they be driving a 986 Cayman or something? One of those magical dedicated sports cars?
You certainly don't see me doing AER with a Mustang or something.
After all the talk about 'Porsche would hold up better than M', then you go to a 8h endurance race and the Porsche guys are all running BMWs! How does that make sense exactly?

The real world is so hilariously different than all these Porsche apologist comments. In the real world, a 997 911 is a Class 4 car at AER, the same class as 1997 E36 M3s US-spec which were neutered by BMW.
With all respect due to the PCA, I don’t think they are the fastest boys around. They’re just the ones with the most money. At the Chin events there are some very fast drivers (in all sorts of cars, Camaros, Porsches, Corvettes, BMWs etc). These people run 2 seconds flat or less at VIR and I think that would translate to around the same time at WGI. I’ll report back after my July event there...

2018 F80 Santorini
2019 Z4 3.0i
2022 X2 M35i
Appreciate 0