View Single Post
      01-07-2020, 08:32 PM   #75
BallHog5873
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 997.2 Manual, 2016 328D Wagon

Quote:
Originally Posted by MPR View Post
Samesies. I prefer a driver feedback and a stiffer ride, I have my BRZ on Eibach Pro-Kit which is stiffer but not annoying stiff. I think I am ok with the ride quality, it's just the fuel economy. Stopping to get gas every 3-3.5 days is annoying as it is. Might have to look at the M3, "sadly", but that will be fun too.

I wish I could drive the thing for a week to get a feel for my fuel usage.
I started out in a '17 M240 and six months ago sold it bc I fell in love with an M2 after driving one in the canyons for an afternoon. The M2 is definitely a pure sports car, the handling, the sound, the looks. But the 240 is great as well, while I am absolutely happy with my M2 purchase my thoughts on your situation are this:

* As a daily, I do prefer the 240. In bumper to bumper traffic the M2 can feel little jerky ( DCT ) and heavier. The 240 def feels more tossable and nimble. But....I can live with it and prefer the better handling of the M2 when I take it out.
If i had your long commute in traffic Im not sure I would go M2.

* The 240 is plenty sporty and fast but when really pushed can feel a little squirrelly. If all you do is sporty city driving and occasional back roads, and want one car that you can daily, it might be for you. But don't buy new! Do no pay 50k for an M240. You will lose 15k in prob a little over a year. They are not holding value like M2. Buy a lightly used one.

* As for MPG I am only getting one MPG less in the M2 than I did in the 240.

* The 240 in sport mode is still pretty stiff compared to most cars, if thats what you like.
Appreciate 0