01-06-2020, 06:14 PM   #71
MPR
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 22 BMW M240i

Quote:
Originally Posted by POMFKIMOCHI View Post
I can confidently say that I get almost equivalent if not better gas mileage as my friend's stock frs vs my stage 2 m240i, with him being quite conservative considering he's still on stock clutch/plugs at 150k+ and me still dumping it under every tunnel and race opportunity I see/smell
Yeah I'm confident with the fuel economy situation with the M240i. At this point I may hold out until mid-2020 hoping that news drops on the 2021 S3 redesign. If they'd just put comfortable seats in the thing I'd be sold.

Below are my opinions, and the M240i checks more boxes considering this is a daily and I would drive nearly 100 miles a day for work. I haven't driven either yet so I can't honestly say which I'd like better. If a pristine M2 shows up locally and the price is right, I may go for it.

M2:
The good:
- It's a true M, I'd have a more pride driving it.
- Love the wide fenders
- While not a factor, it has more power
- Would feel less douchey driving it than a non M BMW

The bad:
- Would need to buy used
- No interior color options
- No adaptive suspension - I get because racecar, but this would be a daily for me.
- Will need to refuel every 2.5 trips to work (every Monday, Wednesday, Friday)?
- Crank hub issue that I would need to have replaced.
- It's an M, but doesn't feel quite as M as the M3. Interior is much nicer in the M3.

M240i:
The good:
- Can buy new
- Can get interior/exterior in the exact combo that I want
- Can get the same fuel economy as my BRZ - Refuel every 3-4 days.
- B58 motor
- Probably cheaper to maintain
- Insane power output considering the fuel economy

The bad:
- Possibly would regret not getting a true M
- Not a huge fan of the shape, really wish the fenders were a little wider

Last edited by MPR; 01-06-2020 at 07:26 PM..
Appreciate 0