View Single Post
      06-25-2019, 02:10 AM   #100
chris719
Major General
Rep
Drives: '08 M Roadster

Quote:
Originally Posted by CSBM5 View Post
I can't understand "high seating" position comments. I'm 6'2" and taller in the torso, and I have trouble with headroom in a lot of cars and any BMW if I'm wearing a helmet and it has a sunroof....like my E39 M5 - with a helmet on I had immediate full contact with the roof and had to adjust the seating position to a crazy and uncomfortable angle to fit in the car. One of the many reasons I hate sunroofs.

My E90 M3 is a slicktop, so lots of extra headroom, but even in that car with the seat adjusted all the way down, I have about 2 finger widths of room or less.

The M2C slicktop with the new design seat adjusted all the way down yields more than twice that amount of room as the M3. I feel like the M2C seat sits very low in the car in fact. One of the reasons I love the new (well M4) seats. As soon as I get in the M3, I lament the nice low seating available in the M2C.
It's not about the headroom, just a feeling that you sit high relative to the cockpit and everything else it feels like. I didn't feel this in the F82. I have no idea on the E9x because I've never been in one. It just doesn't feel like a sports car seating position. I'm sure it's minor and something you will get used to. It might even be beneficial from a vision standpoint, but it feels weird to me.
Appreciate 2
CSBM52722.50