11-17-2016, 09:14 PM   #93
D CHOI
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2017 BMW M2

Quote:
Originally Posted by ohnnyj View Post
Hello.

Coming in here a bit late and as a total noob. Have to admit that all this talk about ceramic coatings, sealants, various waxes, multitude of brands, etc. is a bit intimidating. This is my first "nice" car, never had to pay so much attention to how I keep my car clean.

From what I can gather (please correct me if I am wrong) the most important things to remember would be:

- Use two (or three) bucket method for washing.
- Use microfiber towels.
- Coating / sealing is not necessary but adds extra protection / longevity between washes?

I have a couple questions:

What is the best way to avoid scratches in between washes? If my windows, or parts of the car are a bit dirty but don't warrant a full wash.

How often do you guys wash / wax? I know it depends partly on how much you drive it. For me it's my DD at about 250 miles / week so I'm figuring a little more often. I have yet to wash it, have about 800 miles on the odometer but starting to see the dirt build up.

Thanks.

I recommend to get the car coated as this will provide much easier maintenance for washing and keeps the car cleaner. On top of that it's like a permanent wax so you don't have to wax the car if you have coating on it. It will always have that deep gloss look to it. However coating is the most expensive option but I would say it's worth it. I posted a thread about coating you might want to check out.

http://f87.bimmerpost.com/forums/sho....php?t=1315358
Appreciate 1
ohnnyj25.00