View Single Post
      04-12-2019, 11:00 PM   #4
jetbill
Captain
Rep
Drives: G80 M3

After testing the EDC stock M3 shocks with stock M2 springs and the DSC Sport Controller for a while (which worked great) I've decided to try to lower the car a bit and increase the spring rate by installing a Ground Control HAS kit from the M3 as well using standard 2.5" linear springs. 300# 7" Front and 800# 8" rears. Using my existing Dinan sway bars set to full soft as well as Ground Control camber plates. The rates above provide the following ride frequencies : 1.79hz / 1.82hz, which in turn still provide a bit of "flat ride" with no pitch (no headrest whaling in the back of the head!)

I've lowered the car 0.5 inches front and rear to allow for proper suspension travel and used the bumpstops that come in the Dinan HAS kit which are BMW M5 stock bumpstops I believe. I'll have to get the part numbers on those...they are 0.5" shorter than stock M2 bumpstops , which with a 0.5" drop allow for the same suspension travel (bumpstop to shock body clearance).

I suppose if one had a Dinan HAS KIT or any HAS KIT one could do the same.

The ride quality thus far is very good with very good initial turn in. Steering is precise and the car feels well balanced. I'm working on a revised DSC Sport calibration file to accommodate the higher rate, one nice thing about DSC sport is there's no more turning knobs which I'm really enjoying not getting those weird looks by people climbing under the car in random public places! Actually laying under a car one time adjusting the rear rebound for thousand time on a set of MPS I was asked if I was alive...I guess it looked like I had gotten backed over! Fun times! Now I can sit in air conditioning and upload a revise file with 3 different test maps to the controller in 27 seconds and test them back to back. I'll follow up with some pictures.

Added a selfless pic from the last Autox first time testing the DSC SPORT / EDC, stock M2 spring combo. Got a Fancy Trophy "cup", which I use as a shot glass for the beer. :
Attached Images