View Single Post
      11-11-2020, 12:31 AM   #2
SebsM2
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2017 LBB M2

11/12: So I've owned the car for a few days now and I have some thoughts:

The speakers sound pretty good especially if you code in the new f22 eq. I may not need those etons after all. I am not into crazy bass anymore and I think the stock system sounds good enough for me. I'll still be disconnecting the center speaker.

The car is begging for spacers! I'll be putting those on shortly.

The car sounds and looks fantastic. I can't stop giggling when I let off the gas or downshift.

I plan on tackling the black kidney grill and taillights over the weekend. I've just inquired about a roof wrap so we will see what comes of it. Also, I'll be ordering the tre performance mirror housings shortly.

11/14: My stock steering wheel and akrapovic cf mirror caps are now up for sale.

Today, a friend helped me install the grill and lci taillights.

I also got around to disconnecting the center speaker. Guys, please do this. For a sec, I thought that legendary 2 series post about audio was full of super picky listeners. Let me explain the difference from someone who does not consider themselves an audiophile but can recognize good sound quality: you can tell that the the door tweeters actually work now. There is no music coming at your face from the front. The system is no longer "noisy" and sounds quite a bit clearer. I'll probably go through with the etons if I can not resell them.

All three of these mods made a huge difference.

12 mm Spacers tomorrow!

11/16: I installed my 12 mm spacers. Perfect stance now

11/28: I've been messing with the idea of some apex wheels. Specifically looking at

Anthracite EC-7 18x9.5 ET35 square with Michelin PS4 275/35-18.

I'm going to add it to my "way in the future" list as I have a set of 19 inch PSS to get through next summer still. It's also pretty much impossible to sell 437ms here unless they're ferric grey.

11/29: I activated full screen Apple CarPlay and also added some reverse light tint.
Attached Images

Last edited by SebsM2; 11-29-2020 at 10:24 PM..
Appreciate 0