View Single Post
      12-18-2019, 04:44 PM   #924
DieGrüneHölle
Colonel
Rep
Drives: M

Quote:
Originally Posted by SlowM2C View Post
Please list all BMW's made with active suspension that handle better than a $2500 set of M Performance coilovers that are on the M4 GTS.
I'll wait.
There is a reason BMW highest performing car made has adjustable coilovers. The GTS is for more track oriented than the CS.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Poochie View Post
"Performance" is subjective but having dampers that can be electronically manipulated, based on the road surface, load and demand is always going to have an advantage over a set, static damper setup.

I would like to sit you down and bore you with all the pros of AS but based on your narrow-minded attitude, I could tell it would be a dead-end. So let just agree to disagree. No need to wait.
AS is street oriented. In all honestly BMW has some of most archaic adaptive dampers in the business. Magnetic dampers are light years better.
Quote:
Originally Posted by dmboone25 View Post
I don't really have a stake in this argument...but I have always wondered if the active suspension in my F80 is broken. There's no appreciable difference in any of the modes, especially relative to the changes you get when changing the steering or throttle selections.
+1
Appreciate 0