AndrewC1989
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 328d xDrive

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by MPR View Post
Is the crank hub an issue for this motor?
Technically yes, but not really. It's true that the N54, N55 and S55 all have this potential flaw but I have yet to read about an N55 M2 spinning a hub. It's only older high horsepower N cars and the occasional S that it happens to. If you're not tuning then I wouldn't think twice about it. It's way way way more of an M2C concern.

Quote:
Any key things to immediately check/replace if I buy this?
Not particularly. These are great cars and I've had few (if any) problems with mine over the past 3 years. As long as you don't mind stiff suspension and a louder than normal exhaust you will love it as a DD.

Quote:
And the primary thing holding me back from buying an M2 is the fuel economy. For those that daily their M2 and do 75-100 highway miles a day, what is your fuel economy like? Currently get 31 or so and I realize I will not get that in the M2, but trying to get a realistic estimate. I'm hoping to avoid filling the tank every other day.
The mileage isn't great but it isn't terrible. You will be filling it every other day though just because of the small fuel tank.
Appreciate 1