12-06-2018, 01:31 AM   #68
warrenw
Food Critic
South Korea
Rep
Drives: 19 AW M2C, 21 M340i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rampage9 View Post
Great story, and congrats on the new car!

I lived in Korea for a year between 2013~2014 staying in Yeoksam, Seoul. I work for an auto parts supplier and we had an office in Seoul, my daily commute was ~8km but ended up taking about 30mins in traffic! I also frequently commuted back and forth to Namyang to the Hyundai R&D centre for work. Driving in Korea is certainly an experience... I commend you for having your own car there, I just had a rental Veloster for the duration of my stay. And driving during Chuseok, man, I remember those highways were packed and spending hours just crawling along to get to the gf's hometown.

I really enjoyed my time in Korea and have been back many, many times, most recently in September. Even though I'm often there for only a week at a time now, I make a point of eating all the foods that I miss!

Lol, that's sorta the route I took I did learn quite a bit but never became fluent
I usually leave the country for Chuseok.... You can't get anywhere during that time anyway. The airports are pretty busy but I just buy my tix early.
Except this year I'll be in Seoul so it'll mean empty roads so I can bomb around town without traffic!

Korea's great, probably gonna do two more years before I have to move on for the whole career growth thing. I'll soak in as much as I can until then otherwise.