View Single Post
      12-02-2018, 10:48 AM   #49
Curt2000
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: '93 Supra Turbo

Rear Wiper Delete

Spent a little time this weekend performing a rear wiper delete. The rear wiper has been temperamental ever since I bought the car, getting stuck mid swipe or not working at all. So I decided to go ahead and remove it all together! I picked up a generic delete kit from a company called ZSpec for about $25, pretty sure you can get them for cheaper through eBay or Amazon but they had a fitment guide that listed the Supra so I decided to pay a little extra for that reassurance.

The process is pretty simple, the cover at the base of the wiper pops off, 10mm nut holding the wiper to the spline, remove the wiper, then there is a large hex nut that an adjustable wrench can easily remove, take it off then prop the hatch open. The trim piece on the rear hatch simply pops off, I carefully pried it off to ensure I didn’t break any of those precious tabs. Once the trim is removed its just three 10mm nuts holding the wiper assembly in place. IT takes some finagling but it comes out, it’s stuck in place by some silicone sealant. There is a spacer piece that needs to be popped off as well from the topside that is also just held in place by sealant. Once it’s all off, the delete plug goes in very intuitively and pop the trim piece back in place. Very easy mod and looks great once complete, plus you save about 2 pounds out of your rear hatch, I’ve noticed my hatch struts actually keep the hatch open now with out needing to be propped up, bonus!

Former Car: '16 SUNBURST GOLD F80 ///M3--6MT/Carbon Cloth (ED Thread)
Former Car:'13 SANTORINI BLUE E92///M3--6MT/Speed Cloth/ZCP(ED Thread)
INSTAGRAM:@C2KMotorsports
Appreciate 2