I INDIC8
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 LBB M2, 6MT

Garage List
2018 BMW M2  [9.50]
Quote:
Originally Posted by mr_lab_rat View Post
Most people get some 18 inch wheels (18x9 ET30 works quite well) and 245/40 or 255/40 tires (all four for square setup).
Or go down to 18x8 and 225/45 for more comfort / pothole protection. That's what I did. MSW Type 77 wheels - heavy, but cheap as hell, hopefully they can deal with our horrible crater-filled roads for a few more years.

Quote:
The car drives like any other well balanced RWD car in the snow. If you stay in Comfort mode and take it easy you won't have problems unless you get a 6" dump of snow.

Took mine through 1-1.5 feet of snow without a problem last winter. Cleveland - we know what "lake effect" is; don't get it quite as bad as Buffalo, but we can see some significant dumps of snow that the road crews just can't keep up with. I "plowed" some of it, and maybe the nose sat on top for a bit but then the ass would dig in and push me right out. Watched a Honda get stuck in an intersection, and then drove around him like the streets were cleared. Michelin Xice3 FTW. (I would've bought Nokian Hakka R2 but couldn't get them quickly enough, so went with the Michelins because they were easy to get from Tirerack.) The only slightly sketchy part was on a bridge on the freeway, there was a patch of actual straight sheet ice. I did actually slide on it a bit, but eventually my tires did find some grip and get me through it... there were like 4-5 other cars (including SUVs that were presumably AWD) skidded off the road after hitting that patch.

This was at the end of winter / beginning of spring last year... knocked all of the salt off in preparation for my yearly spring Dragon run. Hadn't changed back to stock wheels yet because it was still like 40F outside at night.

I'm also a fan of aural pleasure.
Appreciate 0