06-08-2022, 02:00 PM   #77
///MPhatic
The Seeker
Rep
Drives: OG M2 • Exige

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vojta89 View Post
I have no clue if it will work or not.

If you have 380x30 rotors you can measure their offset and I can measure offset of the RB rotors…

BUT my opinion on this solution:
When you put 2NH calipers, that were designed for 36mm rotors, on 30mm rotors and just put there "spacers" under your pads, you will drive down the pads and they can fall off even when there is still enough pad material…

You will drive down the pads to minimum thickness, your pistons won't fall off but your pad back plate will be out of caliper body and only the spacers will be in the caliper body.

So when pad material leaves, pads will be fixed in place only by the guide pins and that is not designed for holding pads in rotation direction but only in perpendicular direction to rotation direction.

Plates in red squares hold the pad in place in rotation direction, green double side arrow is maximum rotor thickness plus some reserve, lets say 1-1,5mm to each side. And yellow line is where guide pins are and they should hold the pad only in perpendicular direction to rotation direction.

Hope you understand what I mean, my english is not perfect.

My conclusion - do not do it!
Thanks for that!

Your English is great, I just don't quite understand, but I'll certainly have a closer look!
Appreciate 0