View Single Post
      06-06-2022, 09:31 PM   #19
F87 S55
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2021 BMW M2 Competition

Garage List
Overdue Follow-up

As I stated in my previous posts in this thread, the part numbers are correct and fit is perfect. Others have reported as well, and I will confirm, the rear pads do not have a slot for the sensor, which is not a big deal for me, and they are a mm narrow so sporadically they may click during braking in reverse.

Performance and Dusting: For me, on the street performance is much improved and less "on-off" feeling. You can actually modulate the pedal with less aggressive results but the overall stopping power is NOT degraded. If bedded properly, and by that I mean get them hot during the process, I have not experienced any squeaking/squealing.
After the initial bedding process, which will produce some dust, I have noticed a huge reduction in brake dust and what does appear seems to rinse off much easier.

Verdict: Not only are these much less expensive overall than the OE Brake Pads, they produce far less dust with minimal reduction in performance, but even that is negligible in my opinion. I have friends with the same cars and they didn't notice when we swapped cars, I had to tell them.

Thanks to the other members who commented, your responses are all valid and correct.

I an attempt to further reduce my time and effort cleaning wheels, I purchased a used set of the M Performance Matte Black 762m wheels from a friend as they have much more access and less nooks that the 788's. I felt that the black color masked the beauty of the wheels and made them fade away into the wheel well, so I had them powder coated a bright silver as that is NOT an option for the 763m. I love the result and appreciate the slight contrast between the caliper silver and wheel silver and love how you can see everything that is hidden by the 788's.
Attached Images

Appreciate 2
chris7197334.00