View Single Post
      09-15-2019, 01:24 PM   #40
akkando
Major General
Rep
Drives: 17 M2 DCT LBB,11 e90 M3 ZCP IB

Quote:
Originally Posted by premier3is View Post
I have a 3 series but just happened to notice this thread when looking thru the M2 forum and felt the need to comment.

As a first time BMW owner (G20) and expecting to be treated in a welcoming way to purchase the car I had worked a deal with through a broker, I was almost shocked at how a buyer is treated at some dealerships. These are expensive cars, at least show some courtesy to the buyer.

The salesperson showed no character or enthusiasm and pretty much acted like he didn't give a shit. *sign the papers, take the car and leave attitude* when I did a check around the car to make sure it had no scratches or dings he looked at me like I was an idiot.

I drove from 2 hours away to pick up the car, no small talk about the car.. no 'how's your day going' and didn't offer a refreshment (not that you have to but it's called being courteous). He didn't even know how to set up half the things on the car when I asked, so I just told him I'll figure it out from the manual. He seemed irritated that I asked him about many of the iDrive features and how to use it. It's a new car dude, I'd like to know how to use some of the shit obviously.

I did end up writing an email to them when they asked me about customer feedback, response was "we'll take a look further into it thank you for your feedback" and that was it. Mind you the salesperson was a fleet manager...

Had the complete opposite experience at my previous brand Lexus. Treated you well and were extremely welcoming. Reading this made me feel a bit less upset since it seems like it's happened to others too. Is this actually this common at BMW dealerships?
Well, to be fair the fleet manager is not really there to wine and dine customers. That's who you go to when you went to buy a bunch of cars or you're smart enough to look them up when shopping for a car so you're not dealing with on the floor salesman four square games. That said, it doesn't hurt if they're nice to work with when buying a car.
Appreciate 0