Rep
Drives: 18 F80 CS/18 F80 ZCP/19 M2C

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thescout13 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by TRZ06 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thescout13 View Post
155ish on the autobahn yesterday and didn't even notice I hit the limiter until it just wouldn't accelerate anymore. It's the super buttoned up/stable. And when it comes to handling, just did the four Swiss pass loop today, yeah this car is solid.
Autobahn doesn't count. It's as smooth as glass. Not the same as driving on the roads in the States.

BMW's rebound damping tuning leaves much to be desired.
Disagree. Let me know again where you can go that fast in the states legally? I always forget. I also live in the Bay Area and there are plenty of highways in the US that are similarly smooth as glass, but sure. Even at legal speed limits or within 20 miles above it this car is solid. Test drove the M2C a few times before buying it getting up to ~100 mph on public roads and felt just as solid.

In the states, where you will go close to that fast is on a track, which, are paved pretty damn well. But, sure.

It's your opinion that it sucks, it's mine that it doesn't. Funny how opinions can be different huh? Doesn't mean I'm wrong.
I have to agree with TRZ. At 3am driving thru NM and AZ, I got up to 150 and the car was very unstable. 2018 M3. Not sure if it was the wind, but there wasn't much downforce, if any, at those speeds. Legalities aside, just providing another datapoint.