TRZ06
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 16' M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wern3r View Post
M2 Competition VS 718 GT4

I have owned the M2 Comp for 3 months now and here are some quick thoughts.
So much bang for buck car! What else would you get that has this performance for the price?
I live in Europe so my car has the OPF, this has been my major issue with the car.
Stock the M2c is way to quite so a exhaust is mandatory. I got the Milltek system with OPF delete and decat downpipes. Sound has been crazy good after that.
The problem after that has been that the DME/ECU is locked in the 2020 model. So there is no software tuning ability at all for this model.
So I ordered a RaceChip figuring it would only take a few weeks for ProtuningFreaks to fix the problem.
The RaceChip has been okay giving the car 515Hp, this piggyback is very simple and does not clear codes like downpipes or OPF.
So the downpipes give a constant CEL but the big pain has been the new OPF system. There is a built in sensor in the engine that checks the air flow resistance through the OPFs. The Millteks that are on my car have no filter so it trips the sensor and puts the car in Limp Mode.
First time was super scary! Felt like I lost all boost. Car goes down to 10% power. This happens EVERY time on 5000rpm and also happens when boost is high. It's almost impossible to overtake without going in to limp-mode.
Since this has happened I have not felt like using the car, just been waiting for a tuning company to figure it out.

Porsche

I have been on the list for the new GT4 for over 2 years and really try to get a good connection with my local Porsche dealer. In May I got a call from Porsche saying that they won't follow a waiting list for the new GT4 but rather the dealership had to pitch Porsche why this person should get the allocation. 2 weeks after this call I bought the M2 Competition instead.

3 Months later

The Boss from Porsche dealership called me up and said he had heard I was dissatisfied with experience with his dealership. We had a long conversation about allocations and he was explaining that these cars will go to there customers that have several Porsche cars for example Cayenne for family car and GT3 as a sports car. He was great guy and no hard feeling, this is how these things work.
1 Day later a sales rep from Porsche called me and said his boss wanted to offer me there very first build slot for the GT4! Of course I said yes right away, now I just have to get rid of the M2 Comp.
Later that week was Frankfurt auto show so we flew there to check out the GT4. Wow! This car makes you feel special, sitting in the 918 carbon bucket seat just inches over the ground, holding the alcantara steering wheel felt great!
Can't wait to drive my new car!
You must live in the sticks.

Come to California. There are a ton of Porsche dealers here and the allocation thing is a joke. Anyone who has the money can get one here.
13' Audi TTRS (APR stage 1, MSS springs)
09' C6 Z06
08' M3 Interlagos Blue: 6sp, Tech.
Appreciate 0