JCZ5
Major
Rep
Drives: BMW X5 (G05)

Quote:
Originally Posted by CompetentAccountant View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by S1monQc View Post
I have an M2 and I'm getting the new GT4...

Apples to apples, the weight of the 718 is only 35 kg higher than the 981. There are new rules in Europe to calculate the official weight of a new car.

981 was 1340 kg, while the 718 with same options will be roughly 1375-1380 kg (3050 lbs).

I'm getting the Porsche as an evolution of the M2, I expect a more special car with better handling/riding caracteristics and better resale value (in %).. I also want to get my hands on an NA GT Porsche car before they get turbos or hybrid.. I expect that car to be one of the last generation of that kind.

I expect the M2CS to be quite similar than the M3CS... A faster car than the Comp version, but nothing else special. No wonder these BMW GTS/CS models stay on the lot around here with massive discounts... Nice cars, but for the money, there are better alternatives (IMO).

Hopefully I make the right choice!
I love the Cayman GT4... but screw that with the 2020 ME Vette being announced. Less money, more car! Even at the same price, I'd go for the Corvette!

Keep in mind that Porsche already said that the 781 GT4 will NOT be a limited release, they'll build as many as they sell, so I wouldn't consider it as a potential 'investment.'
True that it will not be "limited". But will it be more than the 2,200 anticipated for the M2CS? I still think Porsche will artificially hold back its production and still be less than the M2CS after its entire lifecycle.

In addition, 2K in one year is going to flood the market to quickly. Value perspective, it might have been better if they released limited quantities every year until BMW hit their quota.