View Single Post
      03-05-2019, 04:31 AM   #2
bprince7
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2019 M2 Comp

Quote:
Originally Posted by nnj3jnn View Post
Hey everyone! I'm a brand new owner of a m2c 6mt here in canada and got a question. I'm halfway passed the break in period and one thing got me worried, sometimes the the transmission refuses to go into first gear from neutral. Like it happens about 1 to 3 times a week, usually happens at a red light I go into neutral and when im ready i clutch all the way try to pop into first but something is blocking it, most of the time if i pop into 2nd and then ill be able to go into first. However one time it refused to go into first no matter what i did
i even restarted the car ended up having to launch in 2nd gear held up traffic which was embarrassing.

Little history I'm by no means a pro racer but having driven many manual cars before mr2 turbo/s2000 never encountered this issue before so i doubt its my driving abilities. Should I be worried? its brand new car so warranty will cover everything, unless they say I mishifted and grinded the gears which I know I did not do. The m2c also had 127 km when I purchased it so it did get test driven or whatever for 37km cause i think new cars usually have 90km on odometer. Hopefully someone can ease my worries! thanks
That's really odd. I have an MT M2C and I have never experienced this. I would definitely let your dealer know. Also, most of the new M2Cs have <10 miles on them at delivery so it was test driven a little more than you think. That being said, I'm not sure how this would be the result of not adhering to the break in recommendations.
Appreciate 0