08-06-2022, 07:07 PM   #94
F87source
Major General
No_Country
Rep
Drives: Bmw M2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leaveatrail86 View Post
I’ve run into you before looking for advice.

I’ve learned my injectors had failed. A few weeks ago cyl 6 injector failed, now last night it was cyl 1. Dorch stage 2 hpfp, fbo, plugs gapped correctly. My blend is just like zm2 at e40 exactly. So if the injectors can handle e85 just fine why did my injectors go out? Exactly. I stand with op’s original post. Our m2’s just don’t do well with e85. You have to upgrade the entire fuel system it seems. Sheesh
Did you run a fuel filter? Ethanol is an extremely good solvent and that picks means it'll pick up debris extremely well and that means your injectors are susceptible to getting clogged without a fuel filter.

Did you also run a top cylinder lube or run a tank of fresh gas in between every few tanks of ethanol mix? If you don't run top cylinder lube you'll have to run a tank of fresh gas every once in awhile.

The injectors may be able to tolerate the ethanol, but it won't be able to tolerate debris. Lack of lubricity in ethanol can be an issue as well too, so top cylinder lube will solve this.

Last edited by F87source; 08-06-2022 at 07:15 PM..
Appreciate 0