06-02-2020, 01:11 PM   #2005
sdhotwn
Mmmm... Bavarian
Rep
Drives: M2 CS, X5 45e, i3, Cayman S

Quote:
Originally Posted by ///AVM View Post
SD

Well, I am not a car salesman and have nothing to gain or lose in this exercise . . . other than the satisfaction associated with possibly assisting a fellow forum member secure a vehicle that interests them.

I am not even aware of any ‘ordering forums’ and since my intent is not to try and ‘sell a car,’ it really would not have made any difference had I known of their existence.

I was not about to start another thread dedicated to the M2CS topic. The current thread has over 123,000 views, 2,000 posts and I am quite certain has drawn the attention of M2CS enthusiasts and pundits alike.

As far as expectations go . . . my impression was that the M2CS is a limited edition ///M car whose demand easily exceeded the 482 U.S. allocations being provided, and that not all interested consumers who frequent this dedicated M2CS thread had secured a ‘first spot’ on an allocation list.

So, I stand by what I stated before: At this point I am compelled to conclude there is truly very little interest in obtaining the M2CS, and there are ample allocations to meet the limited demand. . . or that allocations are being consumed by non-enthusiasts and/or those who do not frequent this subforum?

///AVM
I thought it was great that you offered up the info - super useful for anyone that may be looking for the chance. I just wouldn't put a lot of stock in the audience in THIS thread not PM'ing you being much of a bellweather.

Here's the subforum I was referencing:
https://f87.bimmerpost.com/forums/fo...play.php?f=643
2014 Cayman S
Appreciate 1
///AVM2531.00