02-08-2018, 05:38 PM   #42
Dackelone
European Editor
Germany
Rep
Drives: N54 e82

Quote:
Originally Posted by evanevery View Post
Fire Orange is a legit BMW color. It was the defacto color on the M3 GTS. Why do you think its a wrap? My M4 is individual painted Fire Orange right from the factory.

They stopped doing Fire Orange for any Vehicles produced in the Munich plant in 2015 until the older paint robots could be updated. Fire Orange is one of their more challenging paints. BMW tells me I have the only 2016 Fire Orange M4 Coup in the world. My M4 only made it through the paint approval in 2016 cause we were working on the build for so long...

But I think the M2's are made in Leipzig, so this paint restriction shouldn't apply.

So what makes you think this is a wrap?

Yep. M2's are made in Leipzig & Leipzig can not do Individual paint for any of the cars built there: 2er Coupes and Verts, 1er door door hatches, i3's and i8's. All can not have Individual paint.

The only way a very "few" cars were produced in Leipzig with factory Individual paint, was that they were first produced a complete car in Leipzig... then put on a truck to Garching/Munich... once in Garching the cars were taken apart and painted in the Individual color... then reassembled & delivered.

Some lucky few 1M's were built like this... but the Individual color option cost almost as much as the car! So I have heard. Some say only $20K extra... some say $50K, on a $60K car. That's a little bit mad if you ask me.

Btw M3's are made in Munich while M4's are made in Regensburg. And both factories do have Individual paint color options.

Dackel
Appreciate 3