spammysammich
Major
Rep
Drives: 2009 E92 M3 Dakar Yellow II

Garage List
2009 BMW M3  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by ///MPhatic View Post
Unfortunately, used tires are pretty much worthless, so if you can run them out that'd be preferable, just be ultra careful in the rain.

Also, a lot of guys don't realize that if you use a Summer tire in temps under 45°F (7.2°C) you'll cause micro cracking, making them unsafe for further use, especially on track.

Regardless of what anyone on here tells you, the PSC2 is NOT a good choice for a Summer tire that may see rain, it will literally try to kill you. And not only that, they heat cycle so quickly that even with massive tread left they will be hard as a rock on track.

To do this right you'll need 3 sets of wheels/tires IMO.

1. Summer daily (PS4S)
2. Winter daily (your choice there, depends on how much snow you get)
3. Track tires (PSC2 is a pussycat, and lasts a long time)

Yes, the new CS7 seems to have knocked the PS4S off its perch, but we don't yet know the longevity of that tire. And the Goodyear Supercar tires are really nice as well, so if you could get a deal on those they would certainly work.

Just don't use a Summer tire in the wrong temp, and don't use a PSC2 as a daily.
YES! I've been super paranoid about running my PS4S this winter as Seattle has been hovering around the low 40s since I bought them in November. I'm literally checking the weather report every day to see if it cracks 45F before I leave the garage.

I don't plan on tracking, but I've been very impressed with PS4S in the very few times I've been caught in heavy rain. I'm hoping to get a second set of wheels to run Conti DWS 06+ for colder temps. If I need snow tires, I'll take the STI out.
Appreciate 2
///MPhatic14022.00
DanG10778.00