View Single Post
      10-19-2018, 04:36 AM   #472
Mikey1
Registered
Rep
Drives: Golf R

Quote:
Originally Posted by bk888 View Post
If the car is built to order, I do not see why you cannot spec the choice of wheels. I think the easiest way to find out is to call any of the BMW dealers near you.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Davil View Post
You should probably see the 788s in real life before making the decision though. Totally different from photos.
I have made further enquiries and established the 437 M wheels cannot be included as part of a custom factory order. However, they can be fitted at the dealership pre-delivery, subject to there being a Pure model in stock, where the wheels can be swapped over. There would be no credit offered, even though the 788 M wheels are a $1,100 option on the Pure. The dealer may or may not profit from the donor Pure being upgraded. Given this information, I would not include the 437 M wheels in any future order.

While I agree the 788 M wheels look great, they would be a pain to clean with 20 spokes and internally difficult to reach. They are also a little heavier than the 437 M wheels - refer https://f87.bimmerpost.com/forums/sh...66&postcount=6

Of course, none of this really matters when behind the wheel, but it can make a difference to the overall ownership experience for some. Is it a deal breaker for me? No!
Appreciate 0