03-01-2017, 08:31 AM   #227
hshot_rooke
First Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2017 BMW M2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Em-too View Post
I personally haven't tried it but for what it's worth the app and the website specifically call for the vgate 2 which uses wifi vs Bluetooth to communicate with your phone. In doing some research there are several comments about Bluetooth connection not being as reliable as wifi when it comes to coding (e.g. You don't want a dropped signal when sending the updated coding information to your car). I didn't want to take a chance on something like this to go wrong.
Quote:
Originally Posted by DivideBYZero View Post
The Version 2 is recommended by the developer and is a great device. iOS and Bluetooth connections can be flaky.

Put it this way: Would you want to put any of your ECUs in your car into a lock-out state that means a trailer trip to a dealer to reset for the sake of $2? That's what I thought. Buy the V2.
Yeah, the iCar3 has both a BT and a Wifi one. The one I linked to is the Wifi one, I'm assuming it should be compatible. It's not the $2 I want to save on, it's the newer model that may provide some future proofing that I'm interested in. I guess I'll get version 2 model...
Appreciate 1