View Single Post
      04-13-2020, 08:16 PM   #18
dvas
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2017 M2 - Mineral Gray, 6spd

Quote:
Originally Posted by SEAT TIME RULES View Post
I don't have any data yet on RE71R's....I don't have my logs right in front of me but the R1's were over a second faster than the NT01's. I do remember turning a 59.xxx on the R1's a LRP a couple times (5+ yrs ago)...Was running 285/30/18's 0n 11" rims with NO downforce, or wings...

The R1's weigh less than the NT01's, don't get greasy and they are a better tire on a heavier car such as ours.

The NT01's will last longer than the R1's, but I'm addicted the R1's now. I just like the balance they offer in wear, heat cycles, tire management and speed. Whichever one you go with will be fun.

Hmm...Need to add the R1s as a contender. I have data on RE71s and NT01s (of which the former were about half a second faster at LRP, albeit overheat after a couple hot laps) but no info on R1s.

Thanks for the insight! I've also been running a modestly modded car (2017 MT, coilovers, Camber Plates and RE71/NT01, no engine or aero mods) at sub minute times at LRP. If you find your data, would be interesting to compare. Our group of instructors and info are up on TrackAttack.io, in case you're familiar with that site.
Appreciate 0