DelGriffith
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2019 SO M2C

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cannondale900 View Post
Updated to include all details:

I installed the rear spoiler lip last week. It did not quite sit perfectly flat on its own and the general consensus is that it is a hand made part that is not always perfect but should generally fit the body contours when placed correctly.

I added extra 3M Super Strength Molding tape (3M 03609) to only the ends of the spoiler which are notorious for lifting on a surface that is not perfectly prepped. I wiped the mating surface of the CF spoiler with rubbing alcohol and prepped with 3M Automotive Adhesion Promoter (3M 06396). I have a heated garage but I used a hair dryer to warm up the parts even more just to assist.

I cleaned the trunk surface by claying and compounding then a simple detergent wash and wipe with rubbing alcohol. I applied the 3M Automotive Adhesion Promoter on the trunk surface then warmed up the trunk surface with the hair dryer. I placed the spoiler and pressed down all along the portion that had tape. I then lay towels over the area and set bottles of windshield washer fluid and coolant across the area (especially the ends) and let sit overnight. I came back the next morning and wiped any adhesion promoter away with the rubbing alcohol.

The spoiler lip is super solid now. I think the adhesive promoter was a key step.
Wheels are fantastic! Please??

https://ind-distribution.com/collect...lector-inserts
'17 F87 MG M2-Gone
'19 F87 SO M2C
Appreciate 0