View Single Post
      09-05-2019, 11:06 PM   #80
F87source
Major General
No_Country
Rep
Drives: Bmw M2

iDrive 5 miracast (android screen mirroring) coding

So I recently got the new Istep update for my 2017 bmw m2 6mt, and just did some coding. When I coded in miracast (android screen mirroring) I noticed that when it is screen mirroring the car will not also play music or have handsfree calling via bluetooth. Is this normal for those of you guys out there with miracast coded? Is it possible to have miracast enabled and also have the phone be able to still be connected via bluetooth for music and calls? A side note is that I have tried to the car mirror the screen of one phone and stream bluetooth audio off of another phone but that doesnt work either, it seems to be one or the other: screen mirroring or bluetooth.

Also it seems that my miracast is very unstable when rapidly swiping through the phone that is being mirrored, and the latency makes the screen lag behind and eventually crash.

Last but not least, is it possible to have apple car play coded in via Esys? I haven't been able to find much on this asides from companies out there offering this service, but it is not cheap.

Thanks alot for the help.