10-30-2020, 03:25 PM   #9
UntzUntzUntz
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 21 M2 Comp

Quote:
Originally Posted by CalAcacian View Post
It sounds like what you are looking for isn't really an air suspension, but a hydraulic lift system (maybe just for your front axle depending on your driveway). The great advantage of these systems is that when they are not in use, you ride on a standard metal spring and dampener system.

You'll find HLS equipped as either standard equipment or as a manufacturer option on many supercars, these systems let you keep razor sharp handling so you don't need to worry about the drawbacks of an airspring system. You also won't lose as much interior space as if you went with an airbag system and needed a tank and a compressor system.

While you will still need a reservoir for the hydraulic fluid, the system is far smaller, simpler, and less noisy.

I would suggest talking to KW, they don't currently make a kit for the M2, but they are awesome at putting together custom solutions. It won't be cheap, but if you only need it on your fronts, it may be equivalent to a full air system.
Thank you for the response. Yes! a hydraulic lift system, wasn't sure on the name. It's good to know it doesn't compromise handling, now I'm definitely sold on it. I spoke to KW like you suggested and they have a universal kit that'll fit any car, in fact. It's priced far too high for just a lift kit, not to mention the coilovers on top of that, I'm looking around a $7k suspension setup. KW lift kit might have to wait for another day.

Quote:
Originally Posted by M Fifty View Post
Maybe time for that Sports SUV?
Not married yet, so heeellllll no thanks lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by VisualEcho View Post
Yup, a friend of mine has one on his NSX. It just lifts the front for driveways, and fast! I have to confess that the moment he showed it to me I was like, damn, I need one of those for the Lotus!

Trust me, this is what you need!

https://www.stanceparts.com/?fbclid=...qe3-Yj7UWJsKTI

Much better budget friendly option! Thank you so much I'm already in contact with these guys. Trying to get all 4 sides with a tankless option.

Thank you

Quote:
Originally Posted by CalAcacian View Post
Those air cups are good, but the one downside is that they are still air powered. So you end up needing more space to mount a tank and compressor compared to the pretty tiny HLS pump and reservoir.

But either way, this kind of system is what OP is looking for.
They do have a tankless option, of course a compressor you need to store. Still Better than a tank however.
Appreciate 1