View Single Post
      06-02-2018, 11:23 AM   #5
Smindustries
Private
Rep
Drives: 2018 M2

Wait for the GT3. The rub is that if you want a new GT3, you’ll most likely have to first buy another Porsche from a dealer to get in queue for a GT3. The way it works at most dealers is that there are three lists. The first list is customers who have spent over $1MM. The second is customers who have spent less than $1MM. The third is people who haven’t bought anything and ask to be put on a list. When the quarterly allocations come out, the dealer calls people on the first list and ask if they want a car. If there are allocations left, the second list gets called. The third list never gets called.

If you get a GT3 and want to remain on the list, it’s in your best interest to sell the car back to the dealer from which you bought it. They’ll sell it for over sticker and split the proceeds. That’s why you see cars with a few hundred miles for $30k-$40k over sticker.

My spouse is okay with swapping cars, so I bought a 997.2 Turbo S in November. Sold it back to the dealer in April, bought an M2, and ordered a Competition, all with the knowledge that I should have a GT3 allocation in the spring of 2019. If you want a GT3, you have to plan well in advance.
Appreciate 1
catcher22294.00