09-20-2015, 10:28 AM   #39
hyperzulu
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 M235i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adem1534 View Post
Um... No. It's a car focused on a different goal, that yes, has superior components, but also has endured a whole new round of development and testing.

It's not just an M235i with M4 components and a tweeked suspension.... But if saying that makes you feel better about your M235i... Then go ahead and believe that
While I agree with you in theory, how do you know? For him to say he's not sure the M2 will bring enough difference to warrant buying it over the M235i is a totally valid statement. His is more true than yours since his is speculative over the known and the unknowns and yours is definitive over simply unknowns. Not everyone wanted the 35i variant over the 28i of the 2 series, 3 series, or any other series, just the same as many didn't find the need to go to an M over a X 35i. I think it'll still stand with this as with every other generation before it (except for maybe the current 6 series) that the M car will always appeal more to the enthusiast. But to some, the extra power and focused nature of the car, along with perhaps some reduced sound dampening and lack of options will totally not warrant the added expense. This car is totally different from the typical M experience. And with that it is certainly not for everyone, enthusiast or not.
Appreciate 1