View Single Post
      12-20-2015, 12:39 PM   #16
Artemis
Rep
Drives: BMW M2 Competition

Quote:
Originally Posted by Transfer View Post
With traction all the way off, all settings will be max sport except throttle response will be normal/comfort (for controlled track driving). While in sport+ the throttle is more sensitive. Sport may allow you to customize throttle. At least that is how M235i works and sport+ throttle is too jumpy IMO.
Quote:
Originally Posted by sth519 View Post
The M135i/M235i reverts to comfort mode settings in that case (light steering etc.). DSC OFF does not respect the selected driving mode on those cars.
Would be a nice change for the M2.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClothSeats View Post
If the Sport Mode is configurable, wouldn't one be able to enable sharp throttle along with comfort steering? Or am I missing something here?
Quote:
Originally Posted by WAY View Post
Yeah I'm a bit unsure about this either. It would seem that you can configure the steering on Sport, but I don't see reference to throttle response. Also there is no mention DSC and traction control is configurable here, as with gear change speed and response on a DCT car.
Interesting points. No info yet. We'll find out in the near future.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MR. View Post
My main question is if the SPORT mode configuration in iDrive allows you to disengage rev matching for the 6MT M2.
Any thoughts on that guys?
It looks like "DSC OFF" is the only way to deactivate rev-matching.

From the M2 press release (Oct 14, 2015):
Manual gearbox with automatic rev-matching.
The all-new BMW M2 comes as standard with a six-speed manual gearbox, which stands out with its compact design and low weight. The use of a new type of carbon-fiber friction lining enhances shift precision. Dry-sump lubrication prevents any sloshing of the transmission oil and ensures all components benefit from an efficient supply of lubricant. An engagement speed control function, which blips the throttle on downshifts and lowers the engine’s revs on upshifts, makes gear changes even smoother and lends the car additional stability during hard driving on the track. Experienced drivers can still take pride in performing the task of perfectly orchestrated down-shifts on their own by deactivating the system in DSC OFF mode.