View Single Post
      05-09-2016, 12:32 AM   #78
bodonx
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2014 F10 M5 CP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Who
Most Drivetrains and Tech. are on par now across the board in what's being offered in the automotive industry.
It's basically all Marketing & Bells and Whistles And, maybe a little Brand loyalty as to what floats your boat
(& Ego) when it comes to buying a new car.

I've always bought into Engineering Awards and Race Heritage. The top two here, historically, have been
Porsche and BMW. That being put out there, 3 & 4 (including M's) series base interiors are Crap!

Cheap Plastic all over and no Finishing touches to cover, for example, rails, Bolt heads and Hinges.
And, if Audi can motorize their Display, even on their "3 series", Why are BMW's saddled with a static
half an "iPad" as almost an afterthought? C'mon, we're talking a "Luxury brand, here?!? "Base to "base",
Honda interiors are nicer and "Loaded", Mercedes C450 AMG & C63s interiors are (driven) much nicer
than BMW!

Now, this brings me to Why(?) I'm buying a new BMW. I can customize the hell out of it before it ever
reaches our shores! Next to Porsche (and much Cheaper), It has the most extensive Factory "bespoke"
possibilities of any Sports/Luxury car being offered today! And, I'm not a Prince in Loaded de Ville!
For me, the "Individual"program has no comparison and is BMW's Ultimate saving grace!

So, I personally intend on having the Ultimate Cockpit within a Driving Machine, which I like.

Cheers!
Your reason is my exact reason I drive BMW one last time. Back in 2014, M5 had the best full leather interior (excl M6) without going to exotics brands.

Now, it's different story. Where MB is getting loose with their Designo programs, BMW is getting picky. For example, you cannot get alcantara on M3/M4 headliner. With too many models, their marketing dept try push points to upgrade to higher models.
Appreciate 0