View Single Post
      01-21-2020, 02:17 PM   #286
LuvMyE92
Occasionally frequent poster
Rep
Drives: CT5V-Blackwing

Quote:
Originally Posted by DriverDaily View Post
Anyone who has added this care to tell us which pieces they felt quieted the car the most? I would love to order everything and do it at once but I am pretty time limited these days.
As @GregoryK mentioned earlier (page 7 perhaps) he felt that those panels that cover the big holes to the side of the back seats made the biggest difference.

I did those (using the OE parts) and the trunk insulation bits. I also did the front fender seals. I did not do the engine hood. I have since put Dynamat in the doors. Oh, I also put dynamat over the rear wheel wells before putting in the panels. Hopefully knock down the volume and resonance of rocks hitting.

I would suggest that, since the rear seat backs are up most of the time for me, those side panels would be the biggest improvement, and they are certainly the easiest to install but probably the most expensive. Second would be the rear insulation. Third the fender seals.
Past: E24,E28(3),E34,E36,E37,E38(2),E39(4),E46,E89,E92 (obviously),F01,F06,F10,F30,F87,G12,G30(2),G82(2)
Appreciate 0