View Single Post
      01-15-2020, 01:46 PM   #1
TheAMackAttack
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 M2 LBB DCT

Almost Traded the M2 In... and Then Didn't!

I just moved to Salt Lake City and have had a rough few weeks here from a driving perspective... between the the potholes, crazy high parking lot lips, and way more snow that I could have expected. I'm also trying to take advantage of the proximity to the mountains and was (am) a bit worried that I won't be able to make it up to the ski resorts in heavy snow. So I told myself I would need to make a change and started looking at sporty SUVs last week.

Ended up test driving a CPO 2018 Macan S, mint condition w/ 1 female owner and 13k miles. It is a sexy vehicle and maybe the best handling SUV out there but its just so different than the M2 in every way. Obviously doesn't feel nearly as fast, much more subdued, certainly more refined. And in a city it doesnt really turn any heads the way a LBB BMW will. Got pretty far down the path of trading in the M2 on the Macan and Monday, the day before I would have traded it in, I couldn't sleep... it was eating me up inside. I really have fallen in love with the M2 after 1.5 years of ownership and have probably become attached to it in an impractical sort of way. With the Michelin Alpin's on it, it has been surprisingly good in the snow I've taken it through. On top of that, I have put a lot of money into the car between Remus exhaust, PPF, ceramic coating and even the winter tires that I clearly wouldn't be getting back on a tradein which hurts in another way.

Woke up yesterday and pulled the plug on the Macan deal. Feels like the 100% right thing to do, even it means potentially having to sacrifice a few days on the mountain this winter. Just figured I'd post this for others who would sympathize with my struggles. Lol.
Appreciate 7
tranck500.50
cptobvious2531.50
Altra265.50
Madmat50.00
Ikester192124.00
termigni1081.00