Ramon89
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: BMW M2

Quote:
Originally Posted by F87source View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ramon89 View Post
Ok thank. I've got a sneaking suspicion that it will be the best turbo out of them all
I would say second best even though i'm planning to go this route, because no one is beating speedtech with their use of the best turbos available atm which imo is borgwarner's EFR series turbos unless they also use EFR'S.

The gtx 3076r CHRA that VTT is using is good, but tbh I don't think it'll be able to outspool an EFR with its titanium blades and what likely may be the best ball bearing core in the turbo industry. Plus speedtech's manifold has better collectors and a smoother merge point imo, and from what I heard VTT has been having issues boosting past ~2X psi apparently due to their manifold.
Ok. What is the issues exactly VTT having. I'm not as clued up on this as you by the looks of it..
So any insight on the technical Side of it will be appreciated. The only reason I said it would be better is due to fitment. As the exhaust housing looks identical to stock location. My understanding is the issue with the N55 turbo it's the exhaust housing and manifold being restrictive. I've heard that pure turbo have had failures due to this down the grapevine..
Appreciate 0