CanAutM3
General
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2021 911 turbo

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by hellrotm View Post
You have to admit(CS driving experience/enjoyment aside), tires do play a role in lap times. Super Sports are an aging tire, that have now been replaced by the 4S. An R compound tire(Cup 2) will make up a large chunk of that 2secs. The CS is going to be quicker than the Comp, but on equal tires it will be a lot closer.
For sure, tires play a very important role.

But it is also how all elements work in unison. For instance, the M2cs suspension is tuned to better take advantage of the extra grip provided by the PSC2 which gives it an advantage over an M2C shod with the same PSC2. The aero further enhances the extra grip from the tires. The extra power allows it to sustain the acceleration rate despite higher corner exit speeds. This is what I was alluding to when I said I am well over 2 seconds quicker with my M4cs than with my previous M4 ON THE SAME TIRES. My M4cs is able to better leverage the grippier R-comp tires. It's not only about the tires, it's how the car is setup to take full advantage of the tires.

Further, over a single flying lap, there is not that much difference between a PSS and PSC2. The PSC2 will shine over an entire session where the PSS will eventually become greasy and fall off significantly

In the end, it is difficult to really compare the lap times in the OP due the different conditions.

Previous cars: M4cs 2019 F82 Limerock Grey / M4 2015 F82 Silverstone / M3 2008 E92 Silverstone / M3 2002 E46 Carbon Black

Last edited by CanAutM3; 09-20-2019 at 08:33 AM..
Appreciate 1
SeanWRT3179.00