Originally Posted by Poochie View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by omasou View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nezil View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Poochie View Post
Well, as long as you ass is happy..

I don't doubt there is a different feel in power looking at both inner catalyst, stock VS FS but I don't know about "night and day" difference; every review I read everyone talks about how great the sound is and only comment on a bump in power, nothing earth-shattering.

Is it really worth voiding your warranty and risk a possible CEL, when more of the same ass feedback can be achieved from say a $200 piggyback.. That's up to you to weight the pros and cons..

I have enough nonsense to deal with, a random CEL ding would drive me nuts and is not worth the possible risk verse reward IMO.
To each his own, so I'm not disagreeing, but my opinion is slightly different:

The stock DP is more restrictive for sure. I don't think, though I could be wrong, that the lack of CEL on better high flow DPs is because of spacing. My understanding is that the HJS element in the higher quality DPs is able to perform the same function as the stock cat in terms of converting molecules to other molecules with a more efficient flow than stock. I do think the Fabspeed is a tad more smelly before it heats up than stock, but my nose isn't an exhaust gas analyser!

With regard to warranty, if you're worried, you can completely remove hardware every time you go to a dealer. I have done that myself the last time I went, but I'm not sure I'll bother next time because it is quite a bit of work. I enjoy working on my car myself, but usually that's in part because I'm improving it in some way, like performance. Putting it back to stock is a lot of work to reduce performance and it also means I have to go through the same amount of work again after the service!

I agree that a dealer can probably detect a tune even if flashed back to stock, but it would be difficult to a) claim that the DP caused an issue, and b) claim that one was fitted, even if the bolts were recently touched.
No the stock DP is the least restrictive one BMW could use and still comply with various emissions standards especially CARB. The FS DP has less catalyst and therefore is less restrictive and less able to remove emissions, hence the chance of CEL.
I 100% agrees with you that a sports cat is less restrictive than stock but my argument is if the extra bump in power really worth hassle; from risking your warranty, possible CEL, failing state inspection, questionable product shelf-life and sketchy manufactures warranty.

From what I understand, the stock cat is not that restrictive to begin with. I'm sure you can gain from a sports cat but at what cost.

Like I said, if it's worth the power to you, go for it! Only you can weigh that decision..
Oh, totally agree. I'm actually surprised...from past posts I thought I was the only one w/o a dp
Appreciate 0