08-07-2018, 03:53 PM   #4
Aloha Joe
Hanapaa!
United_States
Rep
Drives: 17 M2 6mt, LBB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atomicchicken View Post
Thanks for the info AlohaJoe. Actually it seems there aren't many choices as far as major insurance companies that are available on the island. State farm, Allstate, Geico and Progressive only?
There is also Liberty Mutual (not familiar with them), AIG, DTRIC but I was with the latter 2, and those were the guys who raised my rates every single year for no reason. Been with Allstate ever since.

Regarding Progressive, my mom's car was rear ended. I took it to two different shops for estimates. The first thing out of both of their mouths were, you're not with Progressive are you? Then proceeded to tell me, they hate working with them as they contest the shops cost, want all aftermarket parts and pay them very slowly. My mother had State Farm and it was very easy to work with them, however not sure of their rates.

My son has Geico, was hit by a reversing car but the other driver took responsibility and paid the shop cash, as he didn't want to use his insurance. Not sure how true it is, but that repair guy told us, when he does repairs for Geico, they do ask for aftermarket parts, not OEM.

Good luck on your decision.
Appreciate 0