View Single Post
      06-05-2018, 08:32 PM   #93
Ramage
Rep
Drives: E46 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by heavyD^2 View Post
What other reason could it be?
It is pretty standard for cars heading out west to sit at the port of entry for 1 to 2 weeks while they find more cars heading in that direction to fill the rail car. It is more efficient not have to unload any of the 10 cars loaded on the rail car along the way. More cars heading out west already in port the quicker your car will be loaded. I am also pretty sure the 3 days the our transport ship "Glorious Leader" spent in the RORO pier 31 prior to going to the Autoport cost me an early delivery.

The other factor leading to slower delivery is our RR is a re-worked dealer stock order and it appears on the Vista Report (JLR order tracking system) as dealer stock. I have seen Vista reports from true factory orders and they show the customers name and most importantly show requested delivery as ASAP. Our car has a requested delivery of June 15th, the dealer insists that our car has a high priority but I think they are full of crap Sad part is we got an updated Vista report the week our car sailed that showed Delivery date was June 1st and the dealer expected that would move in since the car was scheduled to be in Halifax May 1st. We used this info to schedule the return of our VW Jetta TDI and returned the car on May 22nd. We are now on our 3rd week with a rental car, it is on the dealers dime but still....

In the end it really is luck of the draw, bimmerdriver2 for example had his car off loaded from the ship and loaded on the train in 3 days. His car is currently holding in Toronto while my car spent less then 24hours in Toronto. My dealer has seen cars take as much as 3 weeks on the train to get from Halifax to Vancouver and as little as 7 days.

Car really should be in the Vancouver area tonight since it was only 6 hours max away by rail.
Appreciate 0