twin fed
Doc Brown
Rep
Drives: 2016 MG MT M2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dabozo View Post
Yup. Last car was this way too.
It's because the door is frameless.

Like ceeto said, it's to create a proper seal. In order to get that proper seal, the window needs to be cradled by the foam seal on BOTH sides. So it has to come down before the door closes so that it could go back up and be seated properly into the foam seal.
I wondered the same thing with my last car

No, that I know, this is not my first BMW. this started today for the first time after coding. Just so you know I have done some coding with this app a few days ago and this was not an issue. when I hit the unlock button on the remote the windows, (both driver and passenger side) drop a 1/4 inch, before I ever touch the door handle. then when I touch the handle to open the door it drops to the normal level set from the factory. then when I close the door it raises a little and stops a 1/4 inch from closing all the way and then I have to close both driver and passenger windows with the window switch once the car is running. Something happened with the coding. If the car is locked and I just grab the exterior handle it operates like it should. Also if the windows are all the way down and I lock the car with the remote while the engine off the window go up about a 1/2 inch and stop, which never happened before today either. I even tried restoring it from a previous backup from the other day and it did not change any of the settings. even the ones I did today

Last edited by twin fed; 02-23-2017 at 08:02 PM..
Appreciate 0