View Single Post
      01-23-2020, 01:38 PM   #6
5thGearPinned
Not Mids
Rep
Drives: 2018 M2 -FBO + PS2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pray for Mojo View Post
This issue is common on the E90s where they've upgraded the LPFP. I see no reason to upgrade the LPFP, it seems to cause more problems than its worth and guys are running 600whp on stock. Is there actually any benefit running straight E85 when E50 seems to do the trick?
Hey guys, thank you both for chiming in. You are correct about not requiring the Stage 2 LPFP. Frank at Tuning Tech said they see M2s making 550+whp with the Xdi-35 with the OEM lpfp no problem. I purchased mine for its anti-corrosion compatibility with ethanol on recommendation from a friend, but if I were to do it again I would not have purchased it.

Would love to hear what SPOOL has to say about the issue.

As for fuel mixes, Tuning Tech also told me that between E50 to full E85, the power increase is modest and not really worth the added risk of gumming up your engine from running straight E85.

I am running both stage 2 high and low pressure pumps as of this week and will give feedback on my tuning and experience as I get more time to drive (been raining since I got the car back ). Cary Jordan is tuning my car and is very familiar with the EKPM problem on these pumps. He said it is typically NOT an issue at E40-50 but every car behaves different. We are going to start on a 40-50% blend and datalog from there to pull or add power.

The plug and play module I listed above seems to be one of the better options available to address this issue but is costly. The gentleman I bought my Stg2 lpfp from is now running a Stage 3 lpfp and XDI-60 making 660whp and 700+lb of torque without issues from the EKP module. So it seems that while the stage two lpfp isn't necessary for 500hp cars, it can be run safely with modest fuel blends in mind. I will say that the PS2 turbo pulls MUCH harder in the top end now on 91 octane where the car used to fall flat on its face. Excited to run the E40 map later next week.
Appreciate 2
ZM22809.00