01-17-2020, 11:40 AM   #1267
Durham M2 CS
Private
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW M2 CS

Quote:
Originally Posted by bogeyman View Post
The main reason for me deciding to pull out was the price. The depreciation we’ve seen on the M3/M4CS didn’t initially help with my decision but based on the possible low UK allocation I don’t think that’ll be an issue any more. I think it’ll be a cracking car but ultimately it comes down to price.

Regarding UK allocations. Tony Lewis aka TRL (well known sales guy for a BMW dealer) mentioned allocations had been made last Friday on another forum. He said 2 cars per dealer. When I spoke with my dealer (Park Lane) yesterday they said the UK allocation was 50 and that not all dealers had been allocated cars. How true all of these figures are, I don’t know. There’s no harm in speaking to your dealer yourself and asking the question about UK allocations.
Thanks for answering. I was just curious as to whether you having the same doubts as us!
My wife and I had an agonising last weekend as to whether to go ahead with this. We were backwards and forwards numerous times. Every time we believed we'd decided, we then came out with counter arguments and changed our mind again! By Sunday evening I was going to contact the dealer the following morning to withdraw. Monday morning came and my wife indicated that she wasn't sure about withdrawing. Then the whole to-ing and fro-ing recommenced!
In the end she just said let's go for it and lets just enjoy the car.
Like yourself I had drawn parallels with the M3/M4 CS situation having looked at the classifieds.
I too considered it to be expensive, having personally predicted a price of £60-65k. I suspected that the additional £10k was the price of exclusivity. But I just felt that I needed a little reassurance that this exclusivity was genuine before taking the plunge.
I spoke with my salesman who stated that the manner in which this car had been launched and the build-up to it was different to the M3/M4 CS. The number of 1500 UK deposits started to filter through from several different sources, together with UK allocations ranging from 55-104 cars, which also calmed our nerves and today we attended the dealer and confirmed our order.
The sales team appeared genuinely excited that they were getting one at their dealership (the only one too) and stated that in their opinion it was the most exclusive model they'd had since the 1M.
According to them, the allocation comes from BMW to the customer via the dealer and had I declined to proceed it would have gone back to BMW to be allocated to another customer elsewhere. So from that it is not dealers that are allocated cars, but customers who have placed deposits.
I'm sure time will tell, but we're beginning to become quite excited now and are confident we'll enjoy the car.
Appreciate 2
GimmeanM1448.50
JustChris17487.50