Banned
Albania
Rep
Drives: 1M, X1 M Sport, E46 325ic

Quote:
Originally Posted by VisualEcho View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by pruettfan View Post
Read the title "DSC Off" lets see the list of all of the cars that are designed to be driven with DSC off. That would be none.
List of cars I've owned that had wheel-hop when the surface was wet: 2 (the M2, and my Conquest TSi).

Other cars I've owned:

RX-7
MR-2
Miata
S2000
STi
Exige

And I can assure you that my Exige was built with the express intent to have NO driver aids, not even ABS.

Back to driving school with you, and take your nannies with you .

Go add a 90s Ford Mustang to your list and come back and rephrase your question.

Perhaps you are mistaking wheelspin due to torque at the rear wheels for wheel hop. Or perhaps your own excessive wheelspin and heavy foot is indeed causing wheel hop.

The two cars you have had the most issue with are both turbo RWD cars. STI is AWD and of course will transfer power away from spinning wheels. The rest of them are low torque/high rpm momentum cars that many would call torque less wonders ! I'm surprised a BRZ isn't on the list ? I've driven all but the Elise .. and own an E30 M3 for over 15 years so i know a momentum car when I see one !

Current day turbo BMWs deliver a tremendous amount of torque at 1500-4000 rpm... and they also are severely under tired. I didn't realize just how badly my rear tires were spinning until I put some 285/30 tires out back .....

use your power wisely.
Appreciate 0