View Single Post
      08-02-2019, 04:33 PM   #18
akkando
Major General
Rep
Drives: 17 M2 DCT LBB,11 e90 M3 ZCP IB

Quote:
Originally Posted by frosty2k View Post
So I went to the dealer yesterday to pay for the car, cash in hand, and I was told they made a mistake. I had two options, trade in the car in now, or pay for the car in full. They offered to let me finance the difference, which was frankly a slap in the face. I said I could wrangle up the cash, less about $1k, for my trouble which seemed reasonable to me for their screw up. They told me to put the rest on my credit card. To say that I'm upset with two days before I leave would be an understatement.

I asked them what they were willing to put on the table to make things right. They offered a $250 accessory credit. Another slap. They had originally provided what I estimated to be a very low trade in offer, and had said it was partly because the car wouldn't be taken in for another 2 months. So when all this happened I asked what the revised trade-in would be if they take it today. I think you can guess by now they wouldn't move the number at all. The only upshot is they have offered me a BMW loaner after I get back from Europe until the M2 is delivered, if I trade the car in today.

So here I sit, with a few hours to make a decision. Trade in my car and take the loaner, or pony up the cash, and try to sell my car after I get back from Europe. Lets assume the trade-in vs private sale difference is $2.5k. What do I do?

I suppose I could call it all off and get a rental in Munich…
private sale. Fuck those assholes. What dealership?
Appreciate 0