Retired BMW Genius
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 Audi S5 Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by xander_g View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mo@BMWofFairfax View Post
What does their loyal fan base want, exactly? If it's lighter and faster-shifting cars, than, I don't see what the problem is. I've probably said this over 1,000 times on these forums. 95% of BMW clients do not track these cars and would be hard pressed to even notice how fast the transmission is shifting because they're too busy driving in bumper to bumper traffic going to the gym, work or home.

It makes sense. Does it suck? Yup. But the conventional auto has gotten better and better as technology has progressed.
I have nothing against improvements in technology, so replacing a DCT with a more advanced and faster-shifting transmission is a move in the right direction.

What I meant by loyal fan base, are the people who have owned various older m cars and would want a manual and buy one if it was available. I realize that wants do not necessarily translate to sales but that is another topic.

It's just a matter of time before the manual transmission goes away completely, I am just saddened by the fact that it's right around the corner.
I promise you 95% of those M owners couldn't tell the difference between a ZF auto and a double clutch if they were not informed of what transmission the car has.
Quote:
Originally Posted by LucBroDude View Post
TRAITOR.
Appreciate 0