04-22-2017, 06:08 PM   #34
///M Ryder
Grown Azz Man
United_States
Rep
Drives: GT4

Quote:
Originally Posted by zx10guy View Post
No, I haven't. And it may change my mind about BMW DCTs. But this doesn't change the fact BMW dropped the ball big time with the DCT used in the 1 series. If the DCT trans are similar between the M cars and the non M cars, then why hasn't BMW tweaked the software to fix the issues we're experiencing. There has been zero software updates since SIB 12-15-14. I stand by what I said. If BMW just didn't want to continue sorting out the issues with the DCT in the 1 series, they should have just left the ZF in place. While I do get why people rave about the shifting in a DCT, I have to daily drive my car and the low speed 1st/2nd gear driveability issues trump any of those advantages. And frankly if I wanted to really set my hair on fire and get an adrenaline rush, I'll just take out either one of my sport bikes.
I don't take issue with your feelings about your DCT troubles.....but keep in mind BMW didn't load up a 1 series with the best it has to offer......they had to keep some of the goodies for it's M cars. This particular transmission being one of them. Remember the M cars are a some of all of it's parts.....not one or two components. Maybe they felt the non M cars couldn't support the software package M cars have.........Phil
2016 GT4.....Sapphire Blue Metallic, Platinum stitch Leather/Alcantara interior, Carbon Fiber Trim, PCM w/Nav, Guards Red Belts, 2 Zone Climate, Sport Chrono, LWB, Smokers Pack, Big Gas Tank, Light Design Pack, Bi-Xenon w/PDL, Auto Dim Mirror, Clear Side Markers, GTS Clear Taillights
Appreciate 1
zx10guy5149.50