View Single Post
      04-22-2017, 05:22 PM   #32
zx10guy
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2013 135i

Quote:
Originally Posted by ///M Ryder View Post
Have you driven a ///M car with DCT? I would be willing to bet you're opinion will be different. The software makes a world of difference. My E92 was really good with the factory software. Once I got the Dinan software it was on another level.........Phil
No, I haven't. And it may change my mind about BMW DCTs. But this doesn't change the fact BMW dropped the ball big time with the DCT used in the 1 series. If the DCT trans are similar between the M cars and the non M cars, then why hasn't BMW tweaked the software to fix the issues we're experiencing. There has been zero software updates since SIB 12-15-14. I stand by what I said. If BMW just didn't want to continue sorting out the issues with the DCT in the 1 series, they should have just left the ZF in place. While I do get why people rave about the shifting in a DCT, I have to daily drive my car and the low speed 1st/2nd gear driveability issues trump any of those advantages. And frankly if I wanted to really set my hair on fire and get an adrenaline rush, I'll just take out either one of my sport bikes.
Appreciate 0