07-20-2016, 11:14 PM   #18
fatumpsch
Private
Rep
Drives: 2016 BSM M2, 6MT, exec

Quote:
Originally Posted by zenmaster View Post
Thanks for posting the 2addicts link.
For any who haven't checked it out, It's got lots of good info on cheap tweaks to improve the sound quality. So far I've installed the ASD bypass harness and disconnected the center speaker. Both of which were major improvements and worth the time / effort. I've bought the recommended speakers but haven't installed them yet. The 2addicts site recommends sound deadening (e.g. dynamite extreme and/or closed cell foam) behind the speakers, in the trunk, and in the doors (which need to be apart to install speakers). The tire noise is pretty loud to me, and I would like to cut it down, but only if there's a major improvement that would be worth the weight of that stuff (10 - 30 pounds, depending on thickness and where you use it). I'm not worried about every ounce like some folks, but I don't want major bloat for minor gain. Seems to me that with a car with so little sound insulation overall, it'd might still be loud if you dynamited it and you'd regret adding the weight. But I don't have first hand experience and am just speculating. People in the know, what are your thoughts?
thanks in advance
Appreciate 0